Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We are now fast approaching the start of our winter training for Jr. Lancers so I wanted to send out some important information:
1) Our first practice is Friday, Jan 3rd from 6:30-8:00 at the Sports Mill on Frontage Rd in Manchester. All practices, with locations are loaded on the LAFA website. Again, I suggest you subscribe to the calendar feed so it will automatically update on your phone calendar. If you have never been there, as you are coming to the building, it is just after of a very sharp right hand curve on the left side of the road. If you see the Ryder Trunk Rental location, you've gone about 100 feet too far.
2) Our regular practice schedule will be on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00 and Fridays from 6:30-8:00. No practice the week of February vacation
3) The pitching clinic will be run at Play Ball in Salem with Chris Carmain. The dates will be 4 consecutive Wednesdays in March, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18 and 3/25 from 6-7pm. This is a little later than last year because we want all the session to be off a mound as this will bring us right up until just before the start of our season. Please confirm if your son will be doing this. As of right now, the expected out-of-pocket cost will be $53 per player. Payment will be due at the time of the first session on March 4th. I'll send out an email just before that confirming the exact amount based upon the final number of kids who sign up.
4) Our spring schedules will start to be built in late January and we should have a schedule posted some time in early March. For planning purposes, here are a few key dates:
EBL Opening Day: Saturday April 4th (obviously dependent upon weather and field readiness/availability)
EBL Playoffs: June 6th & 7th
EBL Championship Weekend: June 13th & 14th
We are entered into a tournament on Memorial Day Weekend in Nashua. This is a great tune-up for EBL playoffs and especially for our Summer All-Star season. We are guaranteed 3 games between Saturday and Sunday of that weekend. The 4-team Championship bracket is played on Monday. Exact details will be coming later, but please plan to be around that weekend.
I am working with Windham and the Sportsplex to set up a scrimmage again this winter. We are looking at either Friday night, March 27th or Saturday, March 28th. More info to come about this.
5) Please make sure you are up to date with tuition payments. I believe everyone should have made 2 by now. I'm getting frequent reminders from the Dugout Club as much of our costs come from winter training and those payments are being made now. You will get an email when the final payment is due. The link to make the payments is
6) Hopefully everyone got their uniforms. If not, let me know and I'll coordinate getting them from Dave Hamilton and bring them to practice next Friday. Based upon the colors, we are planning on doing gray pants with royal blue piping down the side. Most of the boys should have these from All-Stars last year, so hopefully not many need new ones. For Junior Lancers, we want everyone to look pretty much the same, but it's not as nit-picky as All-Stars, so if you have a pair of gray pants without the piping, that's fine for the spring.
Apologies for the long email. Any other questions, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy your last few days of baseball-free life and looking VERY forward to getting the boys back together and welcoming some newcomers as well. Happy New Year to everyone!!